KB - a better class of pervert

News:

NBA bans Sterling for life

watcher1 · 5895

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +376/-53
  • How many Assholes do we got on this ship, anyhow?
Reply #40 on: May 12, 2014, 07:25:17 PM
And the plot thickens. I believe Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavs owner, predicted  "a slippery slope". The Lawyers are salivating.

He ultimately was in favor of the "Silver Ban Hammer" being swung.

All 29 other NBA owners show support for Adam Silver's ban on Donald Sterling, setting stage for vote to force Clippers sale

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who had previously expressed concern about the prospect of a forced sale:

Mark Cuban        ✔ @mcuban
Follow

I agree 100% with Commissioner Silvers findings and the actions taken against Donald Sterling
1:19 PM - 29 Apr 2014

#BlackLivesMatter
Arrest The Cops Who Killed Breonna Taylor

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1932/-28
Reply #41 on: May 12, 2014, 07:27:39 PM
duh, sorry snow but could you explain "silly rabbit"? I goggled the magic dude but you lost me (not hard to do).

one of the originals

snowm

Reply #42 on: May 12, 2014, 09:12:03 PM
duh, sorry snow but could you explain "silly rabbit"? I goggled the magic dude but you lost me (not hard to do).

sorry in an interview with Barbara Walters the whore...I mean female in initial convo referred to herself as Sterlings historian and silly rabbit, among other things. Those were my two favorite.

Offline xenosef

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-3
Reply #43 on: May 13, 2014, 06:26:01 AM
you hear the new stuff he said about magic johnson?

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +392/-9
Reply #44 on: May 13, 2014, 02:56:56 PM
And the plot thickens. I believe Mark Cuban, Dallas Mavs owner, predicted  "a slippery slope". The Lawyers are salivating.

He ultimately was in favor of the "Silver Ban Hammer" being swung.

All 29 other NBA owners show support for Adam Silver's ban on Donald Sterling, setting stage for vote to force Clippers sale

Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban, who had previously expressed concern about the prospect of a forced sale:

Mark Cuban        ✔ @mcuban
Follow

I agree 100% with Commissioner Silvers findings and the actions taken against Donald Sterling
1:19 PM - 29 Apr 2014

LOL...it's funny that everyone seems to think that the sale will be forced on Sterling, I suspect the courts will have some say in it, and further, if the sale does go through, I would imagine that Sterling will set the price of his club and that the other team owners will have no say in that price. In other words, he may be forced out, but it will be very costly. Sterling is not going to give away his club.
Love,
Liz

snowm

Reply #45 on: May 13, 2014, 06:09:21 PM

Yeah and he probably should have kept his mouth shut. However that being said, how much of a role model is someone that finds a port in every town and ends up getting sick because of it?

I don't know about the rest of you but I have come to find out people loose some of their eloquence in their old age. Could just be me though but something about 80 years old and the brain not being able to express itself...

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3173/-41
Reply #46 on: May 13, 2014, 07:38:47 PM

Yeah and he probably should have kept his mouth shut. However that being said, how much of a role model is someone that finds a port in every town and ends up getting sick because of it?

I don't know about the rest of you but I have come to find out people loose some of their eloquence in their old age. Could just be me though but something about 80 years old and the brain not being able to express itself...

At the risk of agreeing with Snowm, I agree with both things he says here.

Not only Magic Johnson's aggressive, serial philandering, but the reports you read on an almost daily basis about athletes being arrested for one felony or another. And that's from the mainstream press, since I don't really follow sports news. You have, on the one hand, a guy who said stuff, and, on the other hand, guys who committed murder or aggravated assault or rape or sexual assault or...

The condemnation of Sterling for his words is near-universal. You rarely hear condemnation of professional or college athletes for felonious assaults of one type or another. The latter, to my mind, is incomparably worse than the former.

I agree completely that Sterling should be banned for life and, if the NBA is legally able to do so, Sterling should also be forced to sell the team.

Yet, meanwhile, the aggressively mixed message this double-standard sends is lost...

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #47 on: May 13, 2014, 08:57:48 PM
It's not about Magic Johnson versus Donald Sterling.

Even if Johnson is able to put together a potential ownership group, he might not even be the majority owner.

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +616/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #48 on: May 13, 2014, 09:58:40 PM
Sterling has the money to take his case as high as he wants. Would be fun to see a court rule that he has no right to privacy... then see how SCOTUS reviews that same right, that they found so readily in Roe v. Wade... Should make for good broadcasts on C-Span anyway.

Has Sterling done anything illegal?    None of the Afro-American players or employees has accused him of discrimination against them or making racist comments to them.  Former Clippers general manager Elgin Baylor sued Sterling for wrongful termination and discrimination based on age and race -and lost in a jury trial.  Even Kareem Abdul Jabbar, who welcomed Sterling's removal, questions how the evidence was obtained.  Yes, it is hard to feel sympathy for Sterling, the creep, but is he getting a raw deal from the NBA?  Though I am sure the hundreds of millions of dollars he will walk away with would soothe the hurt some.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #49 on: May 13, 2014, 10:13:32 PM
Let's put the freedom of speech issue to rest, shall we?

Donald Sterling attacks Magic Johnson in a bizarre interview with Anderson Cooper

The NBA has a right, inside a collectively bargained private constitution Sterling and his wife Shelly Sterling signed off on over and over again, to force the removal of an owner if the league feels the owner in question is hurting the league’s brand and ability to make money. NBA owners, to a man, are expected to vote unanimously to oust Sterling as is their right – this has nothing to do with tired “freedom of speech” arguments – never hesitating in dismissing Sterling’s recorded comments about excluding an entire race of people from his basketball arena.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2014, 10:41:34 PM by Athos_131 »

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +392/-9
Reply #50 on: May 13, 2014, 11:09:31 PM

Actually you can't.
The entire thing is rotten.
He was recorded with out his knowledge or approval....Violation of civil rights
The recording was sold/given to TMZ without Sterlings knowledge/approval.
(It's not about what he said, that was wrong thats a given), but how the information/recording was gotten and then publicly broadcast. His right to privacy was violated and there in it will most likely go to court.
Like it or not, he is protected by the Constitution. Just like you and I are.
Love,
Liz

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #51 on: May 14, 2014, 12:13:02 AM
Wow.

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline xenosef

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +5/-3
Reply #52 on: May 14, 2014, 02:01:51 AM

Actually you can't.
The entire thing is rotten.
He was recorded with out his knowledge or approval....Violation of civil rights
The recording was sold/given to TMZ without Sterlings knowledge/approval.
(It's not about what he said, that was wrong thats a given), but how the information/recording was gotten and then publicly broadcast. His right to privacy was violated and there in it will most likely go to court.
Like it or not, he is protected by the Constitution. Just like you and I are.
Love,
Liz

On point. There will be a long drawn out legal battle. This is not over.

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1714/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #53 on: May 14, 2014, 03:26:57 AM
Mrs Sterling owns 50% of the team and her lawyers say there is no way they can force her to sell.  In regards to Sterling's strange comments about Magic Johnson, the league commissioner was very quick to put out an apology to Johnson.

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #54 on: May 14, 2014, 03:41:40 AM

The league office is mostly lawyers, as is Silver himself.  I'd suspect they know what they are doing.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 03:46:25 AM by Athos_131 »

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #55 on: May 14, 2014, 08:09:57 PM

The league office is mostly lawyers, as is Silver himself.  I'd suspect they know what they are doing.

You suspect a lot then.   8)  I can imagine them smiling at the money they, or their law firms on retainer, will be amassing as this Sterling case plays out.

Offline Athos_131

• ΘΣ, Class of '92
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #56 on: May 15, 2014, 07:25:57 PM

#BlackLivesMatter

#BanTheNaziFromKB

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #57 on: May 16, 2014, 02:58:01 PM
Good article.   As with many other people with huge egos, Sterling cannot keep his mouth shut, thus further hurting his chances.  But this whole thing will be played out in the courts long after whatever the NBA office does or doesn't do to him.

snowm

Reply #58 on: May 16, 2014, 05:39:55 PM
Good article.   As with many other people with huge egos, Sterling cannot keep his mouth shut, thus further hurting his chances.  But this whole thing will be played out in the courts long after whatever the NBA office does or doesn't do to him.

A lot of 80 yr olds you know are spot on 100% of the time when communicating?

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #59 on: May 16, 2014, 06:47:49 PM

A lot of 80 yr olds you know are spot on 100% of the time when communicating?

The few 80 year olds plus that I know are not owners of sports teams or have huge egos.  Unfortunately, they have more severe problems that make communicating with them difficult.