KB - a better class of pervert

News:

Has Anyone else noticed...

DemonDelight · 1277

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +208/-4
on: February 04, 2013, 08:45:31 PM
I couldn't help but notice how Janus' boo count skyrocketed this past week. Just a few days ago it was at 21, yesterday it was at 51, and now today it's at 152. I looked around and have seen only one recent boo, but no explanation for receiving 100 boos over night. Strange, wouldn't you say?

Now I understand, he is not the most tactful person, nor is he the most polite, but I have seen far worse things in my time on this board. It just doesn't seem right to me. And I am not the most observant person, but that was quite noticeable.

I just don't understand why things like this can be done and go unspoken. The karma system is supposed to be fun, so-to-speak. A way to say "hey good post" or "what the hell were you thinking" and it kinda gives you a look at the persons behavior, whether they like to stir up shit, or give some good feedback.

In my opinion, this is totally personal, a way to get back at him for personal gain, and that, to me, takes away from the spirit of not just the karma system, but the entire board.

TinyDancer

Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 08:52:03 PM
The longer you are on the board Demon, the more you will notice quirky little things  happening.  Just go with the flow and rest assured that as soon as you think you got it figured out, it changes just that fast again.

I know that doesn't answer your question but was best way I could think of to explain it...this is like Twilight Zone Perv Land.  *hums theme to Twilight Zone*

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #2 on: February 04, 2013, 08:55:14 PM
All I can really say is it doesn't sit right with me. Seeing games like this just sucks the fun out, especially if you're the one on the losing end.  :/

Offline RopeFiend

• The Cleaner
  • Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +672/-30
Reply #3 on: February 04, 2013, 09:08:42 PM

Sometimes the counts go REALLY weird for no apparent reason.  There's a bug or three in the forum software.  That's not a guarantee what happened, but it's a possibility.  You can see the truth in the extended Karma log.

Remember the Golden Rule: you do me, and I\'ll do you (paraphrased)

Offline staci

• KB Pervert of the Year 2023
  • Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +1923/-28
Reply #4 on: February 04, 2013, 09:25:17 PM
Tiny D is giving some good advice Demon. It's the same she told me about a year ago and I didn't listen. Knowing Bryce, he will wage a battle of his own and tho this could be in the "things my mother told me" thread - Ours is not to question why, ours is but to do or die".

Hugs and thanks for sticking up for one of our guys.

one of the originals

Athos131

Reply #5 on: February 04, 2013, 09:30:55 PM

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 09:32:47 PM by Athos131 »

Athos131

Reply #6 on: February 04, 2013, 09:35:06 PM
The karma system is supposed to be fun, so-to-speak. A way to say "hey good post" or "what the hell were you thinking" and it kinda gives you a look at the persons behavior, whether they like to stir up shit, or give some good feedback.

coacheric

Reply #7 on: February 04, 2013, 10:29:06 PM
Seems to me that a LOT of people know what his BOO count was and is now......Funny, I couldn't tell you my Friends counts to save my life.

HELL, I would never notice mine changing if not for the PM notice that I get.

Offline DemonDelight

• Freakishly Strange
Reply #8 on: February 04, 2013, 10:39:43 PM
Thank you for the input, I am not technically savvy by any means so I can respect that systems can do wonky things at times.

I don't always take notice in karma changes, but like I said, it was a really drastic change.  That's the only reason I even said anything.

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +616/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #9 on: February 05, 2013, 01:11:08 AM
Wow, Janus is the all time high KB "most smited", higher even than athos!!!

Hey, Chicago boi, land of Work Free Gun Zones, keep on being an atshole, you too may one day catch up, surpass Grm, and go for the top prize. You were so close!!!

I'm sure you have it in you!

Thank you for the input, I am not technically savvy by any means so I can respect that systems can do wonky things at times.

I don't always take notice in karma changes, but like I said, it was a really drastic change.  That's the only reason I even said anything.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2013, 03:24:29 AM by joan1984 »

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Athos131

Reply #10 on: February 05, 2013, 01:18:30 AM
Wow, Janus is the all time high KB "most smited", higher even than athos!!!

Hey, Chicago boi, land of Work Free Gun Zones, keep on being an asshole, you too may one day catch up, surpass Grm, and go for the top prize. You were so close!!!

I'm sure you have it in you!

Way to break the rules Joan.  This isn't 1408.

Offline Partner

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +90/-1
Reply #11 on: February 05, 2013, 01:55:00 AM
And it appears to be back to zero.

/sigh.  Back to boo-spamming Janus.   :emot_laughing:

(j/k)