KB - a better class of pervert

News:

NRA's answer: armed guards in schools

Lois · 15990

Offline Poppet

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +202/-32
Reply #60 on: December 28, 2012, 02:36:14 PM
..and Feinstein & Cuomo are attempting to move to a UK/Australia style mandatory confiscation. This isn't about gun control, it's about social control.... people aren't safer with fewer guns, but they sure are more dependent.

http://www.ammoland.com/2012/12/26/feinstein-cuomo-admit-planning-australian-style-government-gun-buy-back/#axzz2GBo9YDbo

free carrots, anyone?

Pop

Hippety Hop, It\\\\\\\'s Pippety Pop. I have guns...and...I give instruction..

Offline Poppet

• Deviant
Reply #61 on: December 28, 2012, 02:37:59 PM
..maybe if you read it on CNN, you'll at least READ it...

http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/19/opinion/bennett-gun-rights/index.html

:)

Pop

coacheric

Reply #62 on: December 28, 2012, 02:38:40 PM
everytime thiers a mass shooting,everybody jumps up and screams for gun control.has anybody ever bothered to go look at the guns laws already on the books??
why dont they enforce those laws instead of making more,doesnt make any sense to me.
we have a soon 2b retired cop in the school i work in,will he do any good if the same thing happens? who knows,at least he is there.
before you ask athos,i've been a teacher for over 5 years now,kindergarten,if i could,id carry my gun in school.iv been well trained on how to use it and ive taken every safety course they have offered.and no,im not a member nor do i wish 2b a member of the NRA.
instead of jerking your knee everytime time this happens,why dont they try to get to the root of the problem,which i believe is mental health.the lack of treatment people who realy need it the most is appalling.so instead of calling names,why dont we try to come up with a solution to the problems facing us as a society.thx

As Gia says, five years teaching kindergarten and this is the result, seems the 4 year olds could have written a more coherent reply. Maybe they should have the guns too.

So I go back into this thread looking for the pixie post that has now been quoted twice........GONE. so then I go looking, in the members search, for pixie to see what she normally posts......149 posts of '  yes the punctuation mark of '

Now that is the fine mark  ;D

Offline Poppet

• Deviant
Reply #63 on: December 28, 2012, 02:45:41 PM
By which of course you mean, Athos.. YOU can't martial a coherant argument or consider a picture larger than the end of your nose, so you resort to trite little TV clips...

nice raincoat, btw..
Pop

ps - didn't 'boo' you because it's unkind to demean the special amongst us.

Athos131

Reply #64 on: December 28, 2012, 02:47:06 PM
By which of course you mean, Athos.. YOU can't martial a coherant argument or consider a picture larger than the end of your nose, so you resort to trite little TV clips...

nice raincoat, btw..
Pop

It's easier to post a photo that states my point and makes fun of you crazy people.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:48:52 PM by Athos131 »

Athos131

Reply #65 on: December 28, 2012, 02:58:45 PM
This about the only time "MOAR GUNS" is the appropriate answer.

Though honestly, I would rather have seen the alternative.

Offline Poppet

• Deviant
Reply #66 on: December 28, 2012, 03:23:51 PM
Here is a quote from the aticle I'm posting the link to:

"....David Kopel, research director of the Independence Institute, a free-market think tank, looked at mass shootings like the one at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut this month, and said they have definitely increased since the 1980s. But he said that can’t be because of gun laws, which have not become more lax in that period, nor is it because of large-capacity magazines, which have been around for decades.

Instead, he said, the culprit may be a change in mental health treatment.

In the mid-1960s, many of the killings would have been prevented because the severely mentally ill would have been confined and cared for in a state institution,” he wrote in a recent opinion piece in The Wall Street Journal. “But today, while government at most every level has bloated over the past half-century, mental health treatment has been decimated...”

Read more:
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/dec/27/dueling-data-on-gun-crimes-put-new-laws-in-crossfi/#ixzz2GM90Lq56

try it....
Pop

Offline Poppet

• Deviant
Reply #67 on: December 28, 2012, 03:31:24 PM

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +616/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #68 on: December 28, 2012, 03:35:10 PM
Oops, I already took care of that Gwen, before I read your post... hmmm...

We'll fix it...

Here's your trophy young man, now go have some water and an orange slice... A boo is just a woo with a "b"... give us all hugs... of course the other children like you, and i don't know why they don't like to play... well, must run...

nice raincoat, btw..
Pop

ps - didn't 'boo' you because it's unkind to
demean the special amongst us.

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:37:59 PM by joan1984 »

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Athos131

Reply #69 on: December 28, 2012, 03:40:02 PM
Oops, I already took care of that Gwen, before I read your post... hmmm...

We'll fix it...

Here's your trophy young man, now go have some water and an orange slice... A boo is just a woo with a "b"... give us all hugs... of course the other children like you, and i don't know why they don't like to play... well, must run...

nice raincoat, btw..
Pop

ps - didn't 'boo' you because it's unkind to
demean the special amongst us.

Someday I'll understand why people can't use the ellipsis properly.

Offline Poppet

• Deviant
Reply #70 on: December 28, 2012, 04:03:29 PM
..maybe if people REALLY cared about kids dying they'd do something about cars.. ah well.. easier to fear the unknown than educated oneself, I suppose...

http://heelsandhandguns.com/2012/12/gun-control-fear-unknown/

Pop

Offline watcher1

• POY 2010
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1700/-56
  • Gentleman Pervert
Reply #71 on: December 28, 2012, 04:17:52 PM

nice raincoat, btw..
Pop

Give the lady a WOO!

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds.

Athos131

Reply #72 on: December 28, 2012, 04:23:13 PM

nice raincoat, btw..
Pop

Give the lady a WOO!

You forgot your mindless grin in that post.

Offline buddyChrist

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +160/-28
Reply #73 on: December 28, 2012, 05:06:12 PM
Looking at statistics from the department of justice, there were 5.1 million violent crimes in the US in 2008, of which 7% were committed with a gun. (357,000). There were 16,929 murders in 2007, of which 68% were committed with a firearm. (11,525)
So, in a years time, there were roughly 358,525 violent crimes committed with a gun. Bill Clinton's administration agreed in principle that guns were used a staggering number of times to prevent crime, to the tune of 1.5 million times in a year. Other studies showed up to 2.5 million. So, very anti-gun Bill Clinton's administration was willing to agree to 1.5 million.
Take away guns, and you have 358,525 people saved from death and crime by a gun. You also have 1.5 MILLION people who now have to deal with death and crime by a gun.
No, I have no done a study on my own, I just used facts provided by the justice department, and what one of the most anti-gun administrations said. So, it is better if we have over a million more people suffering from crime or being killed?
I still stand firm that guns or a similar weapon was an inevitable invention by humans. It is our nature. Guns will never go away. Ever. Wishing them away is naive. Bad people will do bad things. GUNS DO PREVENT CRIME. ABOLISHING GUNS LEADS TO MORE CRIME. You can find plenty of statistics and facts that support these last two claims, far more than that do not.
Yes, guns are used to kill people. One thing people fail to understand that guns can kill people in defense to keep bad things from happening. Far more than anything, the presence of a gun is enough to stop bad things from happening. Far more than the bad that guns are used for, they are used to prevent bad things.
To look at it without emotion, there really is no argument.

Haiku:
Five syllables here,
Seven more syllables here,
Are you happy now?

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #74 on: December 28, 2012, 05:07:16 PM
It's still a mental health issue.

But that isn't high enough in the budget wars to have any effect.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline buddyChrist

• Total freak
Reply #75 on: December 28, 2012, 05:10:42 PM
It's still a mental health issue.

But that isn't high enough in the budget wars to have any effect.

Fully agree. Maybe they just need a catchier name for it. A war on mental health just does not sound very good.

Haiku:
Five syllables here,
Are you happy now?

Offline tangent69

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +48/-0
Reply #76 on: December 28, 2012, 05:30:49 PM
What about countries like Britain where there is no widespread ownership of guns? I don't think we suffer from a lawless society without guns.
Like i posted earlier in the thread, in the period where there were 9400 gun related murders in the US, we had 39 in Britain, just 39.

And comparing reported crimes with a totally unregulated figure of how many times someone having a gun may have prevented a crime isn't exactly a like for like exercise in my view.

You only get one crack at this....be happy

Offline buddyChrist

• Total freak
Reply #77 on: December 28, 2012, 06:15:59 PM
Gun related crimes are down, but what about the fact that England has been confirmed as the most violent country in the world, with a violent crime rate of 4X that of the United States? (based on crimes per 100,000 people)

Haiku:
Five syllables here,
Are you happy now?

Offline buddyChrist

• Total freak
Reply #78 on: December 28, 2012, 07:38:44 PM

You'd have to be a moron to believe the UK is the most violent country in the world. Just think about how stupid that sentence sounds for a second.

You are right, England is a bastion of friendliness and civility.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/law-and-order/7922755/England-has-worse-crime-rate-than-the-US-says-Civitas-study.html

Haiku:
Five syllables here,
Are you happy now?

coacheric

Reply #79 on: December 28, 2012, 07:43:41 PM
From Buddy's link

However, offenders are locked up for shorter periods than in comparable countries – raising questions about claims made by Ken Clarke, the Justice Secretary, that too many criminals were being jailed.

The study found that England and Wales ranked highly in a survey of crime rates among more than 30 developed counries, based on the frequency of crimes recorded by police for every 100,000 people.

For burglaries and robberies England and Wales had more crimes per 100,000 people than the USA.

England and Wales was ranked sixth for burglaries – worse than Sweden, Slovenia, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Italy and Chile - and for robberies, England and Wales was seventh.

For rapes, England and Wales was ranked ninth, worse than the likes of Norway, Poland, Sweden, Australia and Germany, while for car thefts, England and Wales was eighth – worse than Slovenia, Chile, Mexico, Greece and the Czech Republic.

The figures, from the UN Office on Drugs and Crime, draw together crimes recorded by police in the countries studied and is published every six years.

They date from 2006 because of difficulties in obtaining accurate comparable figures.

To bad the data is not newer than 2006. Would be interesting to see if this is still true today?