News:

NRA's answer: armed guards in schools

Lois · 15991

Lurid Sinner

Reply #200 on: January 25, 2013, 10:15:21 AM
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 05:28:04 PM by Lurid Sinner »

Janus

Reply #201 on: January 25, 2013, 02:06:03 PM
Biden looked like Mr. Magoo not Mr. Vice President. He should have never given this interview if he didn't have the time to prepare. He falls all over himself here. It's actually rather embarrassing.

Janus

Offline Poppet

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +202/-32
Reply #202 on: January 26, 2013, 05:50:42 AM
Just to go back to the original theme..

It was Clinton who first established funds for armed guards in schools. Obama cut those funds. The NRA proposed that funding be made available for armed guards in schools, and were vilified by the liberal media. Obama subsequently issues an executive order to fund armed guards in schools, to the acclaim of the liberal media.

The liberal media are promoting an agenda that is directed towards the disarming of the civilian populace. One needs to ask "why ?"

Pop

Hippety Hop, It\\\\\\\'s Pippety Pop. I have guns...and...I give instruction..

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #203 on: January 26, 2013, 05:58:50 AM
I think your analysis is too shallow. Also, the right-wing has called the movement by the president to fund armed guards in schools a private army intended to subvert the Constitution, after the President of the NRA called for it to happen.

It would be much easier for everyone if the right-wing would get a sanity check before arguing against itself.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Janus

Reply #204 on: January 26, 2013, 06:49:19 AM
I think your analysis is too shallow. Also, the right-wing has called the movement by the president to fund armed guards in schools a private army intended to subvert the Constitution, after the President of the NRA called for it to happen.

It would be much easier for everyone if the right-wing would get a sanity check before arguing against itself.

I think in this case we could probably all agree that both sides of the aisle are scrambling without much forethought. The finger pointing has reached the point of absurdity. It's like a fucking circus.

Janus

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #205 on: January 26, 2013, 06:52:49 AM
No argument from me on that point.

This isn't so much a reason for gun control legislation as it is a reason for mental health care funding.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +456/-117
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #206 on: February 04, 2013, 11:08:04 AM
Heartstrings were tugged at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome this afternoon.

Jennifer Hudson and the Sandy Hook elementary choir delivered a powerful rendition of "America the Beautiful" at today's Super Bowl, leaving many to wipe away tears as the memory of last December's Newtown school shootings were temporarily brought back to the forefront of the national consciousness.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/jennifer-hudson-and-the-sandy-hook-choir-give-a-tearjerking-super-bowl-performance#Y7zZOk005qPSzDJs.99

Athos131

Reply #207 on: February 04, 2013, 04:42:35 PM

Jennifer Hudson and the Sandy Hook elementary choir delivered a powerful rendition of "America the Beautiful" at today's Super Bowl, leaving many to wipe away tears as the memory of last December's Newtown school shootings were temporarily brought back to the forefront of the national consciousness.
Read more at http://www.hitfix.com/news/jennifer-hudson-and-the-sandy-hook-choir-give-a-tearjerking-super-bowl-performance#Y7zZOk005qPSzDJs.99

Online MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3172/-41
Reply #208 on: February 04, 2013, 04:54:00 PM

Maybe it was just my inner cynic rearing her ugly head, but my heartstrings weren't tugged, not did I shed any tears when I saw this.

I found it uncomfortably exploitative.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2013, 07:37:44 PM by MissBarbara »

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +616/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #209 on: February 04, 2013, 07:40:45 PM
Exactly. Starting with a registry, for gun background checks, institutional entry for those who attempt firearm purchase, and for felons who attempt to buy, or carry firearms, and for any who sell or transfer any firearm to those so registered.

No argument from me on that point.

This isn't so much a reason for gun control legislation as it is a reason for mental health care funding.

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #210 on: February 05, 2013, 05:50:39 AM
Wayne LaPierre is the Presidents best advocate for gun control.

Without let, this man single-handedly makes more statements that fly in the face of reality and reason, stomps on his own arguments, and puts forth such extreme statements, that even other highly conservative personages, just want him to shut up.

All one as to do is listen to him.