On lying

Lois · 1516

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
on: August 14, 2013, 07:54:56 AM
From Fuzzy:

"If you're going to lie, you better make damn sure you don't get caught. Credibility is like virginity; you can't get it back once you have given it away." ~ Fuzzy

“I'm not upset that you lied to me, I'm upset that from now on I can't believe you.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

“When witnesses concoct lies, they often miss the obvious.” ~ John Grisham, The Testament

“People think that a liar gains a victory over his victim. What I’ve learned is that a lie is an act of self-abdication, because one surrenders one’s reality to the person to whom one lies, making that person one’s master, condemning oneself from then on to faking the sort of reality that person’s view requires to be faked…The man who lies to the world, is the world’s slave from then on…There are no white lies, there is only the blackest of destruction, and a white lie is the blackest of all.” ~ Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

“There is beauty in truth, even if it's painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak. But lies only strengthen our defects. They don't teach anything, help anything, fix anything or cure anything. Nor do they develop one's character, one's mind, one's heart or one's soul.” ~ José N. Harris

“Just because something isn't a lie does not mean that it isn't deceptive. A liar knows that he is a liar, but one who speaks mere portions of truth in order to deceive is a craftsman of destruction.” ~ Criss Jami

“I always say the truth is best even when we find it unpleasant. Any rat in a sewer can lie. It's how rats are. It's what makes them rats. But a human doesn't run and hide in dark places, because he's something more. Lying is the most personal act of cowardice there is.” ~ Nancy Farmer, The House of the Scorpion

“A lie that is half-truth is the darkest of all lies.” ~ Alfred Tennyson

“Never hide things from hardcore thinkers. They get more aggravated, more provoked by confusion than the most painful truths.” ~ Criss Jami

“One lie has the power to tarnish a thousand truths.” ~ Al David

“No man has a good enough memory to be a successful liar” ~ Abraham Lincoln

“The truth is always an insult or a joke, lies are generally tastier. We love them. The nature of lies is to please. Truth has no concern for anyone's comfort” ~ Katherine Dunn, Geek Love

“If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.” ~ Mark Twain

“I lie to myself all the time. But I never believe me.” ~ S.E. Hinton, The Outsiders

“There are three types of lies -- lies, damn lies, and statistics.” ~ Benjamin Disraeli

“It is better to offer no excuse than a bad one.” ~ George Washington

"It's tempting to lie to win an argument, but you pay for it down the road and its costs more later too." ~ Fuzzy

Janus

Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 08:17:10 AM
So what's the scoop? Have you been deceived lately?

gomez38555

Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 03:08:59 PM
I firmly believe that a strong family life requires the occasional lie.
Examples:
Your wife comes home with a new dress she absolutely loves, yet you don't like.  You want her happy, so you tell her you think it looks great on her.

Your 6yr old shows you a picture he drew of (supposedly) a fish, to you it's a blob, yet you tell him it looks great.

You want to go to  Vegas for vacation, your wife want to go to the mountains.  You say the mountains sound great.

On the other hand, my father laid hands to me once, I was 8.  I don't remember what I did to get into trouble, but I got a beating for lying to him to get out of it.  I NEVER crossed that man again.

Offline Well Behaved Lady

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +535/-8
Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 04:52:15 PM
I firmly believe that a strong family life requires the occasional lie.
Examples:
Your wife comes home with a new dress she absolutely loves, yet you don't like.  You want her happy, so you tell her you think it looks great on her.

Do you still pacify her if she looks ridiculous in the dress?

Your 6yr old shows you a picture he drew of (supposedly) a fish, to you it's a blob, yet you tell him it looks great.

This of course is understandable, but at a certain age I think a child should be told if they think they have a talent and they don't, they shouldn't be led to believe otherwise.
You want to go to  Vegas for vacation, your wife want to go to the mountains.  You say the mountains sound great.

I would class this as keeping the peace.  :emot_laughing:

On the other hand, my father laid hands to me once, I was 8.  I don't remember what I did to get into trouble, but I got a beating for lying to him to get out of it.  I NEVER crossed that man again.

I think we've all possibly been here if we are of a certain age, I know I have.

Lying is wrong, but I think we all have our own interpretations of when it is appropriate to ourselves. I would rather not tell someone something, than to lie to cover something up. That's just how I deal with things, whether that's wrong or right, it hasn't got me into trouble so far.

If you are lying about something really serious then you only have your own conscience to deal with and you do risk being found out and is it really worth it?

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +946/-14
  • Achieving world domination, one body at a time.
Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:05:00 PM
"Yes, I came!"

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1376/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 10:03:35 PM
"No, your cock is perfect!"

Offline vonGriffin

• New Pervert
    • Woos/Boos: +2/-0
  • Something is cumming.
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 10:11:34 PM
I wonder if you REALLY ever told that some guy. ;)

Objects once measured in meters have become so small that they cannot be seen by the naked eye. Gentlemen, forget what your courtisans have told you:

Size does matter.

coacheric

Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 10:13:52 PM
Some women can't hide that one....right GIA?

"Yes, I came!"

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 10:45:10 PM

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 11:18:01 PM

"Yes, I came!"
I'm not a squirter.

There are three kinds of people in the world. Those who can count, and those who can't.

Offline Lois

• Super Freak
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +766/-56
Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 11:25:50 PM

"Yes, I came!"
I'm not a squirter.

I bet you could be.  Step one - drink LOTS of water.

Offline Katiebee

• Shield Maiden POY 2018
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #11 on: August 15, 2013, 12:27:52 AM

"Yes, I came!"
I'm not a squirter.

I bet you could be.  Step one - drink LOTS of water.
wait!!!!

What type of squirting are you talking about??!?
 :emot_weird:

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #12 on: August 15, 2013, 03:57:02 AM
"Yes, I came!"

What??? Women fake that????? :emot_weird:

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #13 on: August 15, 2013, 04:08:57 AM

Janus

Reply #14 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23:54 AM
"Yes, I came!"

Nooo they don't fake it. Relax my friend all is well in the universe. All women have orgasms no matter how rapidly you cum or how big your dick is.....As soon as you derive your pleasure they cum.....To be honest foreplay is solely for men as women need no heating up. It is written somewhere I'm sure.  :emot_laughing:

gomez38555

Reply #15 on: August 15, 2013, 12:48:13 PM
"Yes, I came!"

Nooo they don't fake it. Relax my friend all is well in the universe. All women have orgasms no matter how rapidly you cum or how big your dick is.....As soon as you derive your pleasure they cum.....To be honest foreplay is solely for men as women need no heating up. It is written somewhere I'm sure.  :emot_laughing:

In point of fact, this is almost true.  In my case, my wife no longer needs much foreplay (on the rare occasions she is actually in the mood), I'm the one that needs heating up, unless she wants to go on and on, and on, and on some more.

And yes, my orgasm usually triggers hers, she insists the sensation is her biggest turn on.