KRISTEN'S BOARD
KB - a better class of pervert

News:

The talking window

Guest · 1376

Bexy

on: July 11, 2013, 08:59:12 AM
I find this horrible. As if tired commuters really want to hear advertising crap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=azwL5eoE5aI

Janus

Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:04:21 AM
I find this horrible. As if tired commuters really want to hear advertising crap?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=azwL5eoE5aI

Holy shit...Can't even get a nap on the way to and from without having a goddamn commercial pestering you......

Offline joan1984

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +616/-270
  • Co-POY 2011
Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 11:47:14 AM
"Bone Conduction" sounds interesting... lol.
Communicating between teens... "hey baby, I bought you a hot dog, gimmie some..."

Some people are like the 'slinky'. Not really good for much,
but they bring a smile to your face as they fall down stairs.

Offline m4mpetcock

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +26/-15
Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 01:22:38 PM
Is there a vending car on this train and do they sell hammers?   ;D

« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 01:27:42 PM by m4mpetcock »

I can resist anything but temptation.  - Oscar Wilde

Offline Grm

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +456/-117
  • Goodbye KB
Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 10:09:42 AM
I couldn't see that 'device' staying stuck to the window for very long, 30 seconds?

snowm

Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 10:13:50 PM
sounds like the credit card machine I just saw at a McD's. Person working the picture register can't even manage that anymore...

Offline KinkyKacey

• Deviant
    • Woos/Boos: +48/-1
  • MtF Preop Trans Girl
    • Facebook Link
Reply #6 on: July 15, 2013, 12:46:22 PM
I've seen some of this kind of thing talked about. I'd be pretty ticked if I was wore out going to/from jobs and the only rest I get would be messed up with the ads.
Similar "ideas" have been thrown out there before...

I remember the 1980s "Bone Fone"

Transmittted/improved the Bass by having the speakers on your collarbone...
Still it wasn't that great of speakers + sound (and was heavy to continually wear) so it didn't last.

Then I thought I read about more discreet usage of that relatively new sound cannon device that military and police use for crowd control. Tight enough aimed focus, and possibly you could modulate specific sounds (like these ads) right into people's bones/eardrums rather than just painful ultrasonics..   I can see an area-wide "cannon" blanketing say a busy street corner with this planting short messages like "Slurpee Seven-Eleven" to passers-by. may not be overpowering strong.. but just enough of a message to make people think ... hmmm. I could go for a Slurpee...and what do you know... there's a store right nearby.. :)

Bliss is Your Birthright: Make Sure To Orgasm Daily!

TinyDancer

Reply #7 on: July 15, 2013, 03:02:43 PM
This is probably gonna sound like some kind of conspiracy theory, hey might make a good story, but.....just think what the government could do with that technology.  How they could tweak it for mind control.

Offline MissBarbara

• Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +3172/-41
Reply #8 on: July 15, 2013, 10:32:26 PM

My local grocery store now has motion detector activated advertisements.  As you approach the machine it blurts out "Sparkle Dishwasher Liquid, now on sale, isle five!"

The freezer cases are likewise activated by motion, and turn on their lights as you approach...  Saving electricity at the dairy case, and wasting it to run advertisements for dish detergent on isle 5. 

I not only will not buy something as the result of such unsolicited ads, I'm actually *less* likely to buy the product in protest in perpetuity.

Sometimes it scares me how much you and I think alike...

I was at the supermarket with a friend the other day, and I encountered a motion-sensor talking ad for the first time.

I said to my friend, "I would go out of my way NOT to purchase that product simply because of that."

"Sometimes the best things in life are a hot girl and a cold beer."

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #9 on: July 16, 2013, 03:19:49 AM
Holy fuck! Tele-fucking-marketters causing the phone to ring of the fucking hook all day, fucking solicitors in the street badgering people to stop and sign up for something or talk about their fucking cause (various marketting firms and human rights organizations) fucking morons badgering you to "find god", internet pop ups that badger you to buy or subscribe and now talking windows trying to sell me something!!!???

Can a human being get a five fucking minute reprieve from being badgered by someone trying to sell them something or get them to donate to some fucking cause? What in the name of christ does a person have to do to get some privacy? Climb to the top of fucking everest? Whose dick do I have to suck for five fucking minutes of peace?

Sorry for my rant, I'm just so fucking desperate to create a bit of a peace and fucking quiet bubble zone between myself and people who think that if they fucking harass you enough they might break you and make a sale!

I have literally resorted to keeping my earphones in real loud and constantly be texting when walking down the street just because even hearing them badger me as I ignore them is fucking grating! This of course requires me to keep my head on a swivel when crossing streets so I don't get run over.

No I don't want to fucking sign up for a gym membership, sign up for some fucking subscription, sign your fucking petition, find god, donate to your stupid cause or whatever the hell else it is you want from me and No!! I don't have any spare fucking change!!!!

FUCK!!!!

Real sorry for the language. Just venting

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth

Offline Gina Marie

• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1376/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated
Reply #10 on: July 16, 2013, 03:42:52 AM
I suggest you wear one of these:

Offline phtlc

• Freakishly Strange
    • Woos/Boos: +207/-6
Reply #11 on: July 16, 2013, 07:41:41 AM
Gia1978 I would love to wear that shirt when standing in front of my students sometimes

While you're waiting in vain for that apology, why don't you make yourself useful by getting on your knees and opening your mouth