• So fucking done with it all.
  • Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +1376/-70
  • Rumors Of My Demise Have Been Greatly Exaggerated

Offline Lostforkate

• Total freak
    • Woos/Boos: +73/-0
  • Mulder, they've been here for a long, long time.
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 01:02:39 AM
Very cool! Thanks.

Offline Elizabeth

• Life Is Short........Play Naked..!!!
  • Burnt at the stake
    • Woos/Boos: +392/-9
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2013, 02:43:35 AM
Great Article.
lots of facts that I didn't know about.

Love,
Liz

Bexy

Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:59:54 AM
Waw, very 'American Perspective' based piece. Lots of contradictions with the general European views. And n°30 is COMPLETELY incorrect for Belgium and Holland unless it's a poll amongst the greedy EU-institutition members themselves. N°6 was absolutely ridiculous. And n°12... oh for fuck's sakes, let me quote a piece Toe posted:

10 Things Most Americans Don’t Know About America

2. Few People Hate Us

Despite the occasional eye-rolling, and complete inability to understand why anyone would vote for George W. Bush, people from other countries don’t hate us either. In fact — and I know this is a really sobering realization for us — most people in the world don’t really think about us or care about us. I know, that sounds absurd, especially with CNN and Fox News showing the same 20 angry Arab men on repeat for ten years straight. But unless we’re invading someone’s country or threatening to invade someone’s country (which is likely), then there’s a 99.99% chance they don’t care about us. Just like we rarely think about the people in Bolivia or Mongolia, most people don’t think about us much. They have jobs, kids, house payments — you know, those things called lives — to worry about. Kind of like us.

Americans tend to assume that the rest of the world either loves us or hates us (this is actually a good litmus test to tell if someone is conservative or liberal). The fact is, most people feel neither. Most people don’t think much about us.

Remember that immature girl in high school, who every little thing that happened to her meant that someone either hated her or was obsessed with her; who thought every teacher who ever gave her a bad grade was being totally unfair and everything good that happened to her was because of how amazing she was? Yeah, we’re that immature high school girl.

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #4 on: August 13, 2013, 11:08:14 AM
See Bex... I count on you to call me out when I am being that "immature high school girl American".

:emot_kiss:

Bexy

Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 02:19:17 PM
Well, I hardly ever think of 99,99% of the Americans, but I do think of *you* once in while.  :emot_kiss:

Offline Gina Marie

• Global Moderator
  • Burnt at the stake
Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 10:38:42 AM